Friday, May 20, 2011

Back to the Future


Well, here we go.....Round 3

If you notice, the last posts I had on the blog still mention Terrence Jones indecisiveness on his college decision, mma fights that are over a year old by now, and the good fortunes of John Calipari's recruiting. Well as much as changed since then, a lot has still stayed the same, mainly Calipari's recruiting fortunes. Two times I have got into posting on this blog and tried to grow it from the ground up with a not so hard fought grass roots campaign. Twice I have what you called burnt out on the idea altogether and just gave it up. But like the other two times, after a long time off, the lonely little blog that more than likely sees no more than 30 hits a day still finds a way to creep back into my mind, and usually at the worst time. You see we are in May, late May. Thankfully, the NBA Playoffs are in full swing, but outside of that is a lot of baseball, almost zero college basketball news, no NFL offseason activity (thanks to the lockout), and basically just your all around worst time to try to get back into sports blogging. BUT, this time around its going to get real. I am trying to get into grind mode and I am going to try and get into it for the long haul. You see, I do this not because I think someone would actually enjoy reading it, but more because it is a healthy way to spend my time and exercise my brain. In otherwords it is a lot better/healthier way than most of my other hobbies to spend time. So with that said, it is my word that I will once again try to revive this lonely little web blog and once again fill it with meaningless sports chatter. In a world of web and blog sensations though who knows, maybe one day the little blog that was on life support more than once may eventually break through and be something worth while, (yeah I doubt that too), but until then it is my goal to at least not give up on it or get burnt out again.



Thanks to a hectic year in my life, this thing was something that I had forgot about. Now that the semester is over though, I have a little more time on my hands. I wouldn't feel right getting into new sports stories without at least giving a brief overview of what has went on while I have been gone.



Like mentioned earlier, if you look below you can still see posts that don't even know where Terrence Jones is going to end up. Fast forward to a year later, Jones was faced with another decision, the decision whether to stay in the NBA draft or not. Well, lucky enough for John Calipari and Kentucky fans, TJ has set aside his NBA aspirations for another year to come back and join one of the most historic recruiting classes in Kentucky history. With Jones comes the return of key contributors Darius Miller (senior) and Doron Lamb (sophomore) but you know this already right? I mean you guys read KSR, most of you are in Kentucky, so I will just assume common knowledge on this.


Another thing you'll notice if you go back into time and read some of the prior stories is all the NBA playoff talk and how Lebron is still a Cleveland Cavalier. Well what a difference a year makes as now Lebron and his new buds with the Miami Heat, Dewayne Wade and Chris Bosh are in a tight Eastern Conference Finals series with league MVP Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls. Currently the series is tied at 1-1, with game three set to tip off in Miami on Sunday.

Since I'm always going to keep the MMA news flowing, the past year has saw the quick rise of Jon Jones go even quicker as the young phenom can now say he is the UFC Light Heavyweight champ. Earlier in the year Jones knocked off another rising star in Ryan Bader to earn a spot against champion Mauricio Shogun Rua only six weeks after the fight (due to an injury to Rashad Evans). Like everyone else he has faced Jon Bones Jones tore through Rua, finishing the fight and becoming the UFC's youngest champion.



Of course I don't want to recap everything that has happened in the past year, you all should know that already. However, I do want to give you the notion that a blog that is now dated will be back up to speed shortly. A couple weeks and you'll never even know I took a year off, but then again who's reading anyway. So its back to the future we go here at Makavelli Sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment